…dadas por um estudante. Greg Linch é chefe de redacção do The Miami Hurricane, um jornal feito por estudantes da Universidade de Miami, onde se está a formar em Jornalismo e Ciências Políticas.
Leiam o post completo aqui:
Depois vi este post da Mindy McAdams que decidi juntar à festa:
…given by a student. Greg Linch is the editor in chief of The Miami Hurricane student newspaper, and he’s majoring in journalism and political science.
Read his post here :
Then i saw this Mindy McAdams post that i just had to add:
As sugestões de Greg Linch em resumo:
Agora deixem de ser preguiçosos e leiam o post completo Top Ten List of Tips for Journalism Students
E aqui ficam algumas das orientações de Mindy McAdams:
Presenting Yourself Online
- Your resume: LinkedIn (free); here is a former student’s resume
- Your domain name (e.g., mindymcadams.com): Google Apps ($10/year)
- Your Web site: Google Page Creator (free if you have a domain name)
- Your blog: WordPress.com (free)
- Your shared bookmarks: del.icio.us (example: see my bookmarks tagged “travel”; see everyone’s bookmarks tagged “scuba” AND “Florida”)
- Your RSS feeds: Google Reader (what is RSS?)
You already have FREE Web space here at UF (only 20 MB): plaza.ufl.edu
Online Journalism Courses at UF
- MMC 3260 (Carlson) Pre-req: MMC 2100
- JOU 4341 (McAdams) Pre-req: JOU 3101 Reporting
- MMC 4341 (McAdams) Pre-req: MMC 3260
- MMC 4946 (Carlson) Capstone: Ask Carlson for pre-reqs
Tools for Creating Web Content
Some Wake-Up Calls from the Journalism Blogs
- Why is ‘blog’ still a four-letter word?
- A vote for change …
- 2008 objectives for today’s non-wired journalist
Examples from the Pros
New York Times Multimedia (full page index)
- Example: Manholes from India: Ladles of Molten Metal (photographer tells the story, illustrated by his pictures)
- Example: Adhamiya: A Sunni Island Stranded in Shiite East Baghdad (one of a collection of short profiles; notice the map on the left side)
- Example: Deadly Rampage at Virginia Tech (illustrated diagrams of shootings)
Washington Post Multimedia (full page index; check out links at top left)
- Example: Tokyo Stories (package of videos)
- Example: Washington Post Investigations (blog highlights recent investigative journalism projects)
- Example: D.C. Schools Scorecard (interactive map of local school problems)
Teaching Online Journalism
My blog about digital storytelling and how newsrooms are changing.
Join a community of journalists who know about or are learning about online journalism.
PhotoJournalism: Mark Hancock’s blog
One of the best photojournalism blogs, with lots of good resources linked in the right-hand column.
Frequently updated list of free online tutorials and resources.
NPPA Monthly Multimedia Contest
Check out current work in newspaper online video and audio slideshows, from the National Press Photographers Association (each month’s winners linked on left side of page).
Online News Association
The premier professional organization for online journalists.